- Start the Installation Wizard:
- From a CD: Insert the QuickBooks CD into the CD or DVD drive.
If the installation does not start automatically:
- Right-click the Windows Start button and choose Explore.
- Browse to your CD or DVD drive in the left pane of the window and click once to view the contents of the CD.
- In the right pane of the window, double-click the Setup.exe file to begin the installation.
- From a download: Double-click the downloaded installation file (.exe extension).
Note: If you don't already have the file, you can download it here.
Click "Yes to All" when prompted to overwrite the existing files when the installer extracts the files.
- Click Next to begin the installation.
- Read the Software License Agreement. If you agree, select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and click Next.
- Select the type of installation for this computer:
- Choose Express if you want to allow the installer to make the recommended choices for you. Then proceed to step 5. Please note that Express install will override the existing installation and replace the current version already installed in the computer. To avoid this situation, please choose Custom Install.
Choose Custom and Network options if you will use QuickBooks to share data with other users at the same time on a network
Set options for this computer:
- Select I'll be using QuickBooks on this computer if you are installing on a computer (workstation) that will be used for running QuickBooks but will not store the company file.
- Select I'll be using QuickBooks on this computer, AND I'll be storing our company file here so it can be shared over our network if this computer will be running QuickBooks or accessing QuickBooks through Remote Desktop connections, and will locally store the company file, which can be shared with others.
- Select I will NOT be using QuickBooks on this computer. I will be storing our company file here so it can be shared over network. (A license is not required for this option.) if no one will be using QuickBooks on this computer but it will be used as a file server to share the company file over the network with one or more workstations that have QuickBooks installed.
Click Next when you have made your selection.
- Enter the License and Product numbers in the appropriate fields.
Note: These numbers appear on the yellow sticker that comes with your product or an email if you purchase the download. If you have previously registered your product, click the link at the bottom of the screen, I can't find these numbers, to go online and enter your contact information. Click the Submit button to search our system.
ProAdvisors: You can find your installation codes on the ProAdvisor member site (login required).
- Click Install to continue, or click Back if you need to go back and review any of the previous screens.
QuickBooks will display the following message when the installation has completed:
- By default, the checkboxes Open QuickBooks and Help me get started will be selected. Modify these options if you like, then click Finish.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, you can read discussions and post messages and questions relating to your issue on the Intuit QuickBooks Community site for free or you can contact a technical support agent for additional guidance. Fees may apply.